perjantai 7. elokuuta 2015

The future of this blog

Hi,

there have been few updates in the past few weeks, because I've been busy traveling and doing other stuff. Unfortunately it looks like there won't be a lot of reviews coming up in the future, either...

I just wrote a report of Radio City South Park "festival" (I use quotation marks because the only bands that played were Dream Theater and Anathema) for Musicalypse, and I'm going to contribute more concert and (new) album reviews to the site in the future, so now I have another channel for my writing. I've also found out that it's hard to write reviews on a pretty much daily basis and keep the quality up, so I'd prefer to focus my efforts and energy onto one site at a time. One of my personal aims for this blog was to get to write for a proper music site anyway, so that goal has been reached now.

On top of that, I just went back to work and will return to school at the end of the month, so my spare time is limited. I'd like to use it to try and get my own songs together, read some books and simply relax, so sadly this means that something has got to give.

However, since I'm doing an Anathema discography run-through on a music forum simultaneously with this blog, I will finish that - in fact, a review of Judgement is in the works right now. Who knows, I may also write other reviews for the blog later if I feel like it... But even if this blog comes to the end of its road, you can always keep an eye on my Musicalypse reviews and updates regarding my own musical endeavors or the hip hop project I contributed to recently.

Thanks to everyone who has read this blog so far! It hasn't been around for long, but I feel I've honed my writing in the past two months and the little feedback I've received has been positive and encouraging. The Anathema reviews will keep coming weekly at least until mid-September, so there's still something to look forward to. Rock on!

-Ville

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti